April 25, 2012 § Leave a comment
Okay lets play the game of Combining..
This is how you play.
FIrst pick an item…any old item.
A bowl, a tray, a saucer, a cup, a fork, spagetti……Come n keep going you have one minture…come up with all the things you can combine it with in one minute….how can you multiply the purpose of the spoon? I know you can do it…Your goal is to come up with as many things as you can possibly combine a spoon with….come on you can do it.
Okay what did you get?
if you scored over 6 items good, over 10 better….over 20 you are something!! Great work.
November 5, 2011 § Leave a comment
February 17, 2011 § Leave a comment
This title has not yet been released. You may pre-order it now and we will deliver it to you when it arrives.
Publisher: North Light Books
Published: April 7, 2011
Create beautiful jewelry for better wellbeing
Discover the power of creating unique pieces of adornment with the intention to heal. Inside Inspiritu you will turn pages borrowed from a dusty “prescriptions book” revealing restorative secrets of a legendary curandera – a woman healer – and will become inspired to create your own unique jewelry pieces to share with others. From creating your own clasps and jump rings to incorporating keepsakes with new elements there is much to discover here. You’ll also:
- · Master a variety of metalworking jewelry techniques such as forging, stamping, sawing, wirework and more.
- · Learn the qualities instilled in specific colors and gemstones to truly target the needs of those you create jewelry for.
- · See how easy it is to turn new objects into ones that appear aged and where to go to find vintage treasures to use in your works.
- · Combine vintage elements with new materials to create striking pieces with both form and function.
- · Pamper yourself or others using the plentiful suggestions for restorative teas and other healing treatments.
Whether you enjoy making earrings, bracelets or necklaces, start creating beautiful jewelry for the betterment of your mind, body and soul.
Look. Make. Meet.
About the Author
Marie French began making healing and spiritual art when her daughter was born three months prematurely and each piece she made was a sort of prayer. She began making similar pieces for others and eventually began selling her work. Before long she was giving workshops in stores, schools and libraries as well as art council workshops. Her exhibit ?Prayers for Peace? was given a favorable review by the New York Times. Marie has been published in Somerset Studio, Belle Armoire, Haute Handbags, Altered Couture and she has also done styling work for Folio magazine.